Brenco Exotic Woods
Prefinished and Unfinished Engineered Hardwood Flooring Warranty
25 YEAR LIMITED FINISH WARRANTY
Brenco Exotic Woods USA Wood Products LLC guarantees the original purchaser that the finish will not wear through or separate from the wood in the course of normal residential use for a period of 25 years (3 Years Commercial) following purchase date. (Note: Wear must cover 10% of installed floor surface). This guarantee applies from the date of purchase as long as the floor is subjected to normal residential wear conditions and regular preventive maintenance procedures are performed as recommended in Brenco Exotic Woods installation and maintenance documentation. Brenco Exotic Woods guarantees the product finish against manufacturing defects and flaws in the application of the polyurethane aluminum oxide finish. In order for the warranty to be valid, the flooring must be installed in accordance with Brenco Exotic Woods installation and maintenance specifications and all National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA) Guidelines per the Technical Manual. Flooring should be inspected before installation. If any defects are found during, or prior to installation, notify your supplier as soon as possible and cease installation immediately. Per industry standards, variations in product quality that do not exceed 5% are not considered manufacturing defects. In the event this tolerance is exceeded, Brenco Exotic Woods will replace the material at no charge to you, excluding labor and shipping costs.
LIFETIME STRUCTURAL WARRANTY
Brenco Exotic Woods USA Wood Products LLC guarantees the original purchaser that the plies of your Brenco Exotic Woods engineered wood floor will not separate, warp, buckle, or twist under normal household conditions. Normal household conditions entail a year-round temperature of approximately 68°F (20°C) and relative humidity levels of 35% to 50% through the use of ventilation, heating, and humidifier systems. In order for the warranty to be valid, the flooring must be installed in accordance with Brenco Exotic Woods installation and maintenance specifications. Flooring should be inspected before installation. If any defects are found during, or prior to installation, notify your supplier as soon as possible and cease installation immediately. Per industry standards, variations in product quality that do not exceed 5% are not considered manufacturing defects. In the event this tolerance is exceeded, Brenco Exotic Woods will replace the material at no charge to you, excluding labor and shipping costs.
Negligence, accidents, spiked heeled shoes, water, fire, wet mopping, erosion, pebbles, sand and other abrasives, insufficient prevention/protection, extreme environmental conditions, insect infestation after shipment from point of origin, pets, natural discoloration, poor workmanship by installer, failure to follow all manufacturer’s written installation and/ or maintenance instructions, misuse or improper alterations of original manufactured products, attempt to repair, replace, or install over radiant floor heating with a surface temperature in excess of 82°F (27.7°C), or refinishing prior to Brenco Exotic Woods inspection voids the warranty. Scratches, surface damage, or indentations caused by lack of proper maintenance also void the warranty. Color variations are a natural occurrence in flooring as a result of product age, wood species, and exposure to UV light. These color variations are not covered under this warranty. Gloss reduction is not considered surface wear, and therefore is not covered under this warranty. Any damage resultant from storage, transportation, or installation is not covered by this warranty. All wood floors will expand and contract due to seasonal changes in moisture level, as hardwood is produced from natural products. This expansion and contraction is not covered under this warranty. For Radiant heat under hardwood floors see “Brenco Exotic Woods Special Instructions for Installations over Radiant Heat Systems”.
To file a claim, contact your supplier immediately. All claims must be filed within the coverage period of the warranty. The original invoice verifying the date of purchase will be required in addition to photos and/or samples of the defective product. Brenco Exotic Woods reserves the right to have a Brenco Exotic Woods representative inspect the floors and remove portions for technical analysis. Brenco Exotic Woods has the right to refinish, repair, or replace, at no cost to you, any portion of flooring that fails with respect to the provisions of this warranty with the same product, or another of equal value. Brenco Exotic Woods prefinished engineered flooring warranties are non-transferable. Written consent from Brenco Exotic Woods is required prior to any warranty repair or replacement. No distributor, sales agent, retailer, installer, or employee of Brenco Exotic Woods is authorized to alter the terms of this warranty.
GUIDELINES FOR MAINTENANCE AND PRESERVATION
Failure to closely follow these maintenance and preservation guidelines will invalidate the warranty:
• Use a vacuum cleaner to remove without delay all abrasive substances (sand, glass slivers, crystal, cuttings, heavy dust, dirt, etc.) that can scratch the finish. Frequent vacuuming is recommended to prevent abrasive dust from accumulating on the surface and between the boards.
• Maintain relative humidity between 35% and 50% and temperature of approximately 68°F (20°C) in the room where the flooring is installed to minimize expansion and contraction.
• Clean the flooring surface using an industry approved urethane cleaner. Cleaning the surface once a month is a minimum maintenance requirement.
• Never use wax, household detergents, or oil based soap on the floor. These products may discolor and damage the finish and leave a greasy film, making the floor slippery and difficult to maintain afterwards. Mixtures of water and vinegar are not recommended, since vinegar has an oxidizing on urethane over time. Brenco Exotic Woods recommends using Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner, Bona Free & Simple Hardwood Floor Cleaner, or similar product.
• Water is one of wood’s worst enemies. Never use large amounts of water to clean wood floors, and never use a saturated mop. Wipe up spilled water, liquids or detergents before they are absorbed by the wood fibers. The combined effect of water and sand is devastating to flooring. This is why it is important to place mats at each door way and in front of the sink, dishwasher, and work areas in the kitchen.
• Glue felt pads to the legs of furniture and chairs to avoid scratching flooring when objects are moved. Periodically examine the pads for wear and replace when needed. Do not use rolling chairs with casters on finished surfaces. Put them on rugs or Plexiglas chair mats. Place floor protectors under narrow casters, or replace them with wide rubber or flexible polyurethane casters.
• Do not drag furniture or heavy objects across the finished surface. Lift any furniture to be moved.
• Regularly trim your pets’ claws to prevent scratches and indentations.
• Avoid wearing high-heeled shoes on hardwood floors as they can mar the surface. Heel surfaces are so small that the pressure can easily reach 3,500 pounds per square inch. Worn or broken heels can mar flooring even more. Avoid walking on flooring in footwear with cleats or metal tipped soles.
• Protect wood surfaces from sunlight or any source of bright artificial light. Prolonged or repeated exposure to bright light can change the color of wood, even if surfaces are coated with a non-yellowing urethane.